I totally used to judge people’s popularity based on how many people wished them happy birthday on Facebook. But from a logical perspective, if only 10 people wished them a birthday they couldn’t have too many friends. That, and this was way back when RSVP’s on Facebook events still meant shit. There was this guy in my grade who had a birthday on the same day as me and every year I’d count that I got more “happy birthday’s” on Facebook than he did and feel all special about it. I always won.
This was a super short blog post so here are some Label Updates:
– As some of you may know, the label has gotten a lot of press lately. We made the front cover of Sydney’s Mx newspaper and picked up a 2 page feature in the magazine Vertigo. The brand was also showcased by Jess Loves Fred in a feature and outfit post. If that wasn’t enough, the kids at Teehunter.com wrote an extensive article about the T-shirts.
– Also a few tumblr people have written lovely words about the label / blog . Thanks so much for that.
– A new artist I scouted out at a Zine Fair has been working tirelessly with myself on the new range for awhile now, and we should be able to move on to printing soon. The new range will be ready in time for summer.
– I have also been working steadily on a jewellery range with a very talented designer over the past 4 months. I got my hands on some of the necklace prototypes the other day and they are looking spectacular. They should also be ready for summer.
– Lonely Kids Club | Boutique T-shirt Label
Picture by Angie: